Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Strange How Some Things Work Out!

Have you ever noticed that?
I mean, when I started to blog about Aspergers, I did it mainly as a way to vent.
I did not know anyone else that had Aspergers at the time, and it really didn't seem like anyone else could relate to me.
So mainly, it was a forum to "yell" about my frustrations.
It also had a secondary nature to it though as well.
I blogged in hopes that someone else affected by Aspergers would say "hi", and we could communicate so that I could attempt to understand the road that I had now found myself upon.
In an ironic twist however, this blog has apparently been more useful to other people, as I regularly find emails, or posts, thanking me for writing what little I have.
I am very happy that those of you who have written or posted here, have been able to find some comfort. I hope that as I continue to grow and learn, (feels strange to say that at 37 years of age, hehehe), I will be able to be a continued source of assistance to you.
And to those who have written about their own experiences, I thank you.
And to those who have been kind enough to "Follow Me", I promise I am going to try to start writing more often than I have.
The process will be a little slow, but I hope that withing a couple of weeks, I shall be posting new stuff at least once per week.
Unfortunately, anything more than that, will just be whenever I have time.

3 comments:

The Rambling Taoist said...

I think it's very important for those of us with Asperger's to blog!!

When people first find out that they possess a neurological difference unlike the average Jane or Joe, the natural inclination is to think, "I'm in this alone" or "Nobody could begin to understand what my life is like".

By writing & sharing our experiences with AS, we allow others to know they aren't alone and that there are people out here who do understand.

So, write whenever you can, because this blog does make a difference in some people's lives.

Unknown said...

I think we can all learn from each other. :)

aspieprincess said...

This has been my exact experience, too. I was very depressed for awhile after making the Asperger's connection, and I struggled a bit with my identity.

I had always loved to write, and journaling had been my major mode of coping since childhood. I had just read about this "blogging" phenomenon, and thought, "Well, it couldn't hurt to check it out..."

I started my blog primarily for me, just as you say, but decided to leave it open, in case others might find value, or, as you say, might say, "Hi!"

I wasn't sure anyone would come...but I was shocked by how many did come, when I wasn't really looking for it.

It's so amazing what this new technology does for us...

Keep blogging. I enjoy your thoughts.