Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Holiday Wish!

I just wanted to wish everyone, Happiest Holidays!
I know that for many, this year has been a really rough one, with our economy being what it is.
I do hope, that in spite of all of that, you can still see the things that make your lives so rich!
My wife and I will not be buying gifts for each other this year, so that our children will have at least an average Christmas.
That is fine with us. A hard pill to swallow, yes! But we know that we will manage some how.
The important thing, is that we stick together, and go thru it, together.
We've been through many rough patches before, and we have always come out stronger in the end for it.
We are stronger than our situation, and we know it.
So for those of you, who are in similar "boats"....know that you too can be stronger than your situation. Doesn't mean things will be easier. It just means you already know that, when it all is over, your gonna be the ones on top!
And with that........
Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!!!

2 comments:

Gavin Bollard said...

Sorry to hear that your Christmas is affected by the economy. One really nice thing that you can do is trade promises...

A few years back I gave my wife a basket with some goodies in it including some love letters, poems and promises (eg: several vouchers for one "free foot massage" etc,.). She loved it.

All the best.

Nachtus01 said...

What an awesome idea! Thank you for that.
And what I like most about it, is that it ties in so well to what I was trying to say in my post, that not everything gift you have, has a price tag attached.
There is no price tag that I can put on my family, or the joy of seeing my children's faces light up when they see the things they got, although admittedly few compared to Christmas's past.
My boys did much better than I had hoped for, thanks to their uncle and grandparents mostly.
They got some remote controlled toys, and both of em got at least one thing that they actually put on their list.
So, I to ended up getting my wish, in that I hoped my boys would have a good Christmas, which made my Christmas a good one a well. :)